OPEN REEF - ΤΟ ΕΙΔΙΚΟ ΦΟΡΟΥΜ ΓΙΑ ΕΝΥΔΡΕΙΑ ΥΦΑΛΩΝ

ΘΑΛΑΣΣΙΝΑ ΕΝΥΔΡΕΙΑ, ΚΑΤΑΔΥΣΕΙΣ, ΦΩΤΟΓΡΑΦΙΑ, ΟΙΚΟΛΟΓΙΑ, ΠΑΡΕΑ !
Τώρα είναι 28 Μαρ 2024, 15:11

Όλοι οι χρόνοι είναι UTC + 2 ώρες

Δημιουργία νέου θέματος Απαντήστε στο θέμα  [ 18 Δημοσιεύσεις ]  Μετάβαση στην σελίδα Προηγούμενη  1, 2
Συγγραφέας Μήνυμα
 Θέμα δημοσίευσης:
#33756 Δημοσιεύτηκε: 30 Ιαν 2009, 00:00 
Χωρίς σύνδεση
Mandarin (100+)
Mandarin (100+)
Άβαταρ μέλους

:wav:

Good News !! Can't wait to welcome Eric in Greece.... I am sure that he will also feel our hospitality and passion as all past lecturers!

Eric you are really popular in Greece :) Almost all serious Greek hobbyists :study: your coral book faithfuly!!

Thanos congratulations my friend and for any help we are all here !

-----Greek translation---
Καλα Νεα!! Δεν μπορω να περιμένω να καλωσορίσω τον Ερικ στην Ελλαδα... ειμαι σιγουρος οτι και αυτος θα νιωσει την φιλοξενία μας και το πάθος όπως και οι προυγούμενοι καλεσμένοι!

Ερικ εισαι πολυ δημοφιλης στην Ελλαδα. Σχεδον ολοι οι σοβαροι χομπιστες εχουν διαβασει το βιβλιο σου για τα κοραλια.

Φιλε Θανο συγχαρητηρια και για καθε βοηθεια ειμαστε ολοι εδω!

Κορυφή
 Προφίλ  

Θέμα δημοσίευσης:
#33788 Δημοσιεύτηκε: 30 Ιαν 2009, 14:21 
Χωρίς σύνδεση
Άβαταρ μέλους

Whose Eric Borneman? I've never heard of him.

Κορυφή
 Προφίλ  

Θέμα δημοσίευσης:
#33794 Δημοσιεύτηκε: 30 Ιαν 2009, 18:11 
Χωρίς σύνδεση
Acropora (3000+)
Acropora (3000+)
Άβαταρ μέλους

Experience in Years: 0
Type of Aquarium: Fish-Only
John Lewis έγραψε:
Whose Eric Borneman? I've never heard of him.

Professor, you can ask him by yourself :D

Κορυφή
 Προφίλ Personal album  

Θέμα δημοσίευσης: Where was my message
#34385 Δημοσιεύτηκε: 05 Φεβ 2009, 22:45 
Χωρίς σύνδεση
Άβαταρ μέλους

I typed a long "thank you" response in this thread and asked questions and it didn't show up. What's up? I came back to see responses. Did it get lost in another forum?

Κορυφή
 Προφίλ  

Θέμα δημοσίευσης:
#34386 Δημοσιεύτηκε: 05 Φεβ 2009, 22:47 
Χωρίς σύνδεση
Acropora (3000+)
Acropora (3000+)
Άβαταρ μέλους

Blog: View Blog (1)
Experience in Years: 11
Type of Aquarium: Quite Big (1000+)
WELCOME Eric !!!

Something must have gone wrong - we usually have no complaints on technical issues but mistakes are only human.
The "forum engine" says this is your first post.

Good to have you with us and we are all looking forward to your visit in June.

:wink:

Κορυφή
 Προφίλ Personal album  

Θέμα δημοσίευσης:
#34517 Δημοσιεύτηκε: 07 Φεβ 2009, 19:10 
Χωρίς σύνδεση
Άβαταρ μέλους

Well, I forgot what I said entirely, but let me try again.

First, thank you for the warm welcome. I have heard great things about your group. Ron and Anthony have both had the nicest things to say, and I admit my envy of hearing about such a welcoming hospitable group.

Second, I wanted to ask all of you what I asked Thanos. I want to get a feel for what topics you would most like to hear (no fish!). I gave some suggestions to Thanos, but want to hear your thoughts, too.

Third, I wanted to learn more about the Greek hobby. Photos of tanks - not just the best ones (though those are fine, too), but of regular tanks - to see how, what, and where you all stand relative to other countries and our country. I also wanted to see links to sites that are places where many of you might buy livestock or equipment so I know what is available to you. There is no sense in me talking about things that are irrelevant to the Greek hobby!

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to meeting all of you. I had planned to read the forums and join it until I saw that -well, it was all Greek to me. So, please post in this forum anything and everything you want besides just the warm welcomes so I can invite myself into your world and learn more from you. Otherwise, I am afraid I will be using a google translator and not getting very far!

Peace, everyone and see you soon.

Κορυφή
 Προφίλ  

Θέμα δημοσίευσης:
#34518 Δημοσιεύτηκε: 07 Φεβ 2009, 19:21 
Χωρίς σύνδεση
Άβαταρ μέλους

Oh - and for those who don't know me, I have attached my CV so you know a little more about what I have done and who I am.

I am a coral reef ecologist from the University of Houston. My primary research areas are coral diseases, sexual reproduction of corals, restoration of Caribbean acroporids and ornamental trade issues. My current PhD research involves determining the role of apoptosis in coral diseases, notably in white band disease and other white syndromes. I am a project leader and on the scientific advisory group of SECORE, an international group of aquarists and researchers working on the sexual reproduction of corals and focusing on multiple aspects of threatened species conservation. I am also on the board of directors of The Reef Stewardship Foundation, a group whose mission is to foster a diverse stewardship community that protects coral reefs through collaborative action, research, education and aquaculture initiatives. The Reef Stewardship Foundation is a non-profit group utilizing collaborative research, ocean literacy programs, classroom education and aquaculture as conservation tools.

For eighteen years, I have been extensively involved in marine ornamentals and am considered an internationally renowned expert in the field of coral husbandry. I received the "Aquarist of the Year" award for contributions to the field of coral husbandry in 2002, and have written two books on the subject, including the acclaimed book, Aquarium Corals. I have contributed many articles, reports, papers and book chapters to both the scientific and the international aquarium communities spanning twelve years, and I have lectured worldwide on the subject of coral husbandry. I currently host an expert forum on corals and coral reefs for the forums at Marine Depot, but contribute to many other hobby groups and forums on various sites around the world. I began diving coral reefs at the age of twelve and have been fortunate enough to see coral reefs before their decline in the 1980’s, but unfortunate enough to have witnessed their remarkable and tragic decline in what seems like the blink of an eye.

Δεν έχετε τα απαραίτητα δικαιώματα για να δείτε τα συνημμένα αρχεία σε αυτή την δημοσίευση.

Κορυφή
 Προφίλ  

Θέμα δημοσίευσης:
#35132 Δημοσιεύτηκε: 14 Φεβ 2009, 21:30 
Χωρίς σύνδεση
Acropora (3000+)
Acropora (3000+)
Άβαταρ μέλους

Blog: View Blog (1)
Experience in Years: 11
Type of Aquarium: Quite Big (1000+)
Dear Eric,

Here is an example of what one of our members has achieved:
http://www.openreef.gr/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=811

Some of us have been there and stayed for sometime and others have abandoned... Although a small community, estimated at 500 "electronic" reefers and another 2000 that do not attend forums, the hobby is well established and a lot of knowledge has been built. Therefore your presence in Greece will be more than valuable in the sense that we have a lot of very specific questions on:

- coral husbandry
--- compatibility
--- deceases
--- reproduction
--- lighting
--- skimming

- aquarium aging
--- symptoms
--- old tank syndrome
--- coralline
--- substrates

etc. etc.

From our past experience with Anthony and Ron, we think it would be best if you would give us a lecture on a medium to advance level and then reserve time for a long discussion.

What do you think ?

Κορυφή
 Προφίλ Personal album  

Τελευταίες δημοσιεύσεις:  Ταξινόμηση ανά  
Δημιουργία νέου θέματος Απαντήστε στο θέμα  [ 18 Δημοσιεύσεις ]  Μετάβαση στην σελίδα Προηγούμενη  1, 2

Όλοι οι χρόνοι είναι UTC + 2 ώρες

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτή την Δ. Συζήτηση : Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη και 1 επισκέπτης

Δεν μπορείτε να δημοσιεύετε νέα θέματα σε αυτή τη Δ. Συζήτηση
Δεν μπορείτε να απαντάτε σε θέματα σε αυτή τη Δ. Συζήτηση
Δεν μπορείτε να επεξεργάζεστε τις δημοσιεύσεις σας σε αυτή τη Δ. Συζήτηση
Δεν μπορείτε να διαγράφετε τις δημοσιεύσεις σας σε αυτή τη Δ. Συζήτηση
Δεν μπορείτε να επισυνάπτετε αρχεία σε αυτή τη Δ. Συζήτηση

Μετάβαση σε:  

TapaTalk Enabled